- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Biology & Life Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Renewable Energy
- Veterinary & Animal Sciences
- William Lee Science Impact Program (Lee SIP): Lee SIP Scholars are mentored directly by research faculty, work within a research team, and participate in professional development workshops.
For information about specific Research Opportunities for Undergraduates (REUs), please contact departments and schools individually.
UMass Amherst Resources
- Internships and Coops
- UMass Office of Undergraduate Research & Studies
- The Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) program seeks to increase enrollment, retention, graduation and participation in research of undergraduate students from underrepresented groups seeking degrees in the STEM disciplines. The program provides funding to help support student research projects with the mentorship of STEM faculty.
Mathematics and Statistics S-STEM Scholars Program aims to increase representation of low-income students in mathematics and statistics. The program provides scholarships, research opportunities, and mentoring to students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and a plus-one master’s degree in either applied mathematics or statistics.
College of Natural Sciences