CNS faculty are routinely listed among the world’s leading scientific minds in Thomson Reuters surveys. In Massachusetts, UMass Amherst ranks third in funding received from the National Science Foundation, after Harvard and MIT. On campus, CNS is the largest recipient of grant funding, and CNS faculty are campus leaders in the Institute for Applied Life Sciences, a $150 million interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial research center focused on developing new products to benefit health and medicine. Postdoctoral researchers, graduate and undergraduate students actively engage with faculty and contribute to a wide range of relevant and interdisciplinary research.
Important Updates From Federal Funding Agencies
- NIH Biosketch Update effective Jan 25, 2022
- NIH Grants & Contracts Update
- NSF Biosketch Update effective Oct. 4, 2021
- NSF Current & Pending Support Update
- NSF Collaborators & Other Affiliations Template