- Interested in learning how to fly a quadcopter and take aerial imagery SAFELY and PROFESSIONALLY? UMass Amherst now offers a new 9-credit Graduate Certificate in Unoccupied Aerial Systems Piloting. This hybrid program is a blend of online learning and hands-on piloting experience offered at both the UMass Amherst and Mt. Ida campuses.
Fully Online Undergraduate Degrees and Certificates:
- In addition to its on-campus program, Sustainable Food and Farming offers an online Associate in Science Degree (AS) and Bachelor of Science (BS) and a 15-credit online certificate.
- For degree completion students, the UWW Interdisciplinary Studies Areas of Study provide two CNS-focused options: Applied Psychology and Sustainability Studies.
- The 15-credit Arboriculture & Urban Forestry Undergraduate Certificate is designed as a gateway for students into the arboriculture and urban forestry fields.
Fully Online Graduate Degrees and Certificates:
- The Certificate in Statistical and Computational Data Science includes graduate-level course requirements from both statistics and computer science. It consists of at least two computer science courses and two statistics courses.
- The Offshore Wind Professional Certificate is geared toward any professional engaging in the offshore wind industry, as well as graduate students in related fields.
- For advanced training as a soil scientist students can complete the Soil Science Certificate or the Master’s degree in Plant & Soil Sciences.
- The Sustainable Building Construction Certificate is designed for professionals seeking an opportunity to pursue in-depth studies in sustainability in building design and construction.
- In partnership with the College of Education, the Science Education Online (SEO) online Master’s degree prepares Massachusetts teachers for professional licensure in elementary education or middle school general science.
Mt Ida Campus:
- At our Mt. Ida campus in Newton, CNS offers our undergraduate Veterinary Technology program, a Master's in Science in Statistics, and Sustainable Building Construction courses and programs
- The Masters Option in Statistics at the Mount Ida Campus is flexible with all classes offered both in-person and synchronous online.
- In addition to in-person offerings at the Amherst campus, the Master's in Geographic Information Science and Technology offers synchronous and asynchronous flexible learning options.
- For more information on UMass Flex, visit their website.
Pre-College Summer Programs:
- Join CNS this summer for on-campus and online pre-college programs and research intensive experiences.
College of Natural Sciences