Workshops and Events
There are many workshops, events, and activities offered throughout the year. Good places to learn about upcoming offerings are the CNS Events Calendar and the University Events Calendar.
- Digital Equity and Inclusion Week - February 13-17.
- Instructional Design, Engagement and Support (IDEAS) - learn about various instructional technologies including using Echo360, Blackboard, Moodle and VoiceThread and practices such as designing for accessibility and student engagement strategies
- Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) - join a contemplative pedagogy meeting or participate in other workshops on evidence-based pedagogies.
- Library workshops and events - includes sessions on Digital Media Lab technologies, open educational resources, library collections, and strategies for integrating the library into your teaching
- Office of Faculty Development (OFD) - offers faculty workshops and events focused on engagement, scholarly excellence, and leadership
- Partnership for Worker Education - includes workshops on Word, Excel, Teams and OneDrive along with other technologies and skills
- UMass ADVANCE - Annual Distinguished Lecture and Fall and Spring Workshops
- Institute of Diversity Sciences - participate in Research Seminars and the Research-Practitioner Network
- Office of Equity and Inclusion - find out about upcoming DEI events across the institution
- The Graduate School - offers year-round professional development events for graduate students and postdocs
- Institute for Social Science Research (ISSR) - offers consulting and training workshops in research methodology and data analysis
CNS Faculty Development Programs help meet the mission and strategic goals of the College of Natural Science by promoting an inclusive and collaborative culture and by actively supporting the research, teaching, and service work of our faculty while also promoting our faculty's wellbeing and resilience.
ACCOMPLISHING YOUR GOALS
Individual and Team Coaching
Coaching is usually one-on-one or in a group and is a process to maximize your effectiveness and improve performance. Coaching first builds a safe, trusting, and confidential relationship and then uses a strengths-based and solutions-focused approach to ensure consistent progress in achieving your goals and increasing your capacity for ongoing positive change and success. Coaching can help you achieve your goals, work more from your strengths, and increase your overall wellbeing and resilience. Contact Karen Whelan-Berry, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Facilitation & Consulting for Teams and Departments
Facilitation and consulting can be used for many challenges and opportunities, ranging from building effective teaming, interdisciplinary collaboration and integrative capacity skills and achieving convergent science, to working with departments to complete processes such as curriculum review, strategic visioning, or strengthening climate.
While CNS FDP or other campus services can provide such coaching, facilitation, and consulting, at times, a UMass or outside consultant may be best. Contact Karen Whelan-Berry, email@example.com, for more information.
Click Here for CNS Research Grant Proposal and Funding Support
College of Natural Sciences