The College of Natural Sciences (CNS) is committed to providing you, our students, with personalized academic guidance throughout your college career, and we are dedicated to your academic success. In addition to your instructors, academic advisors can play an important role as you choose your major, select courses, and progress toward graduation.
Academic advising occurs at two different levels:
Advising in Your Major or Department
Advisors in your Departmental major help you choose courses and guide you through the specific requirements of your major.
Academic deans, advisors, and staff members in CNS Advising offer assistance to all CNS students with general academic policies and procedures. They also sponsor special college-based programs in the following offices:
HOW DO I GET IN TOUCH WITH CNS ADVISING?
- If you already have a major, you can find your advisor here.
- Make an appointment using Navigate. We will confirm your appointment and will include a link to open a Zoom meeting at the time of your appointment.
- If you are not a currently active student, call the CNS Advising Center at 413-545-1969 to request an appointment. We will respond to telephone messages as soon as we can and will schedule an advising appointment for you.
- Email us at email@example.com.
DO YOU NEED HELP FINDING UMASS RESOURCES?
- Do you have a question and are unsure if UMass offers support or resources? Start here!
College of Natural Sciences